Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pride: Good or bad?

We are going to start reading Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes.  One of the main themes of this book deals with pride.  We know that usually themes are opinions that have textual evidence to support them.  Before we begin, I want your thoughts on pride.  What are some positive effects of pride?  What are some negative effects of pride?

Feel free to read other classmates' comments and respond to the.  Having a conversation with others about a topic is what makes blogs more fun to use.  You can also post more than once.  Remember though to post your first name at the end of your post.

1 comment:

Sophi Allen said...

I just came across this blog and I think it is really neat! I read Jonny Tremain and I really enjoyed it. When the "accident" happened, Johnny's whole future was ruined. I really think it taught him a valuable lesson about pride. It made him work for things instead of expect it from someone else. I really liked this book and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good book to read!:)